Ophthalmology is that branch of medicine that is devoted to treating the entire spectrum of medical
and surgical diseases of the eye and visual system. We at DAVIDSON EYE ASSOCIATES, P.A. are committed to excellence in providing quality eye care. (Click for Mission Statement.) We work closely with your regular doctor to perform complete medical analyses when needed, and we have at our disposal a large network of the finest “subspecialists” at such institutions as Duke, Bowman Gray and others for highly unusual problems. Below is listed for you MEDICAL and SURGICAL services provided by our practice. For other services, please see our Optical and Diagnostic pages.
- Comprehensive Examination of the eye and visual system for the detection of: Cataract, Glaucoma, Macular Degeneration (AMD), Diabetic Eye Disease, Retinal Tears, Retinal Detachment, infectious disease, Ocular Allergy, and other disorders.
- Pediatric evaluation and management for Amblyopia (lazy eye), Strabismus (crossed eyes), and other visual disorders.
- Visual correction services for Nearsightedness, Farsightedness, and Astigmatism.
- Sports and wellness examinations.
- Neuro-ophthalmologic evaluations (for visual strokes, double vision, and other intracranial disorders affecting the visual system)
- Emergency eye care.
- Evaluation and management of domestic or industrial ocular injuries.
Our reputation for ocular surgery has extended beyond Davidson County, and we have also had the privilege of caring for out-of-state patients. Because of advanced technology, most cases of eye surgery can be done in our office an out-patient, same day basis.
Our services include:
- Cataract surgery
- Glaucoma surgery
- Laser surgery for glaucoma, retinal tears and holes, diabetic eye disease, secondary cataracts
- Strabismus surgery (ocular alignment surgery for crossed eyes)
- Tear duct reconstruction
- Dry eye surgery
- Non-cosmetic eyelid surgery
- Conjunctival surgery
- Ocular injuries: Surgical management of minor and major disorders of the eye and surrounding structures.