James F. Slyman, MD, FAAO
Dr. Slyman took his pre-medical education at the University of Pittsburgh. At the same time, he majored in Chinese Languages and Literature, and minored in Russian, Chemistry, and East Asian Political Science. He graduated Magna Cum Laude and had a perfect 4.0 in his major, receiving departmental honors. He is a graduate of Bowman Gray School of Medicine where he received his M.D.degree, and he did his internship in Internal Medicine at the University of Alabama in Birmingham.
Following this, he completed his surgical residency in Ophthalmology at the University of Alabama Eye Foundation Hospital. He is currently founder/CEO of Davidson Eye Associates, and has had over 20 years experience in medical and surgical ophthalmology.
- American Board of Ophthalmology - Diplomat
- American Academy of Ophthalmology - Fellow
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons - Member
- American Medical Association - Member
- North Carolina Medical Society - Member
- Davidson County Medical Society Member, Past President
- North Carolina Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons - Member
- Past Chief of Staff - Lexington Memorial Hospital
- Past chief, Department of Surgery, Lexington Memorial Hospital
- Medical Director/Founder, Davidson Medical Minstries Clinic, Inc.
- Recipient of the Outstanding Young Men of America Award
- Recipient of Governor's Award for outstanding volunteer service
- Recipient of the Distinguished Citizen of the Year Award, Davidson County Chamber of Commerce
- Recipient of the A. Odell Humanitarian Award, Civitans Club
- Recipient of Who's Who Award
- Recipient of the Outstanding Humanitarian Award, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Recipient of the Outstanding Humanitarian Award, North Carolina Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- Past chairman, Professional Division, United Way
- Past Scoutmaster, merit badge counselor
Piano, backpacking, racketball, exercise and fitness, skiing, rollerblading, woodwork.
Married, four children
Member, Meadowview Presbyterian Church